God’s Mighty, Prevailing Word
Dear Pastor, Preacher, or Bible Teacher –
God bless you today! I pray that this email finds you receiving some recovery and renewal after a weekend where you may have been busy serving Jesus, His people, and a needy world.
In my brief word today, I would ask you to consider Acts 19:20:
So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed.
This description of what God was doing in Ephesus and the whole region around that great city sound amazing – actually, something like a dream! Wouldn’t you love it to be said of the church, Sunday School class, or Bible study where you serve?
– That the word of the Lord grew – gained influence and touched many lives.
– That the word of the Lord grew mightily – showing mighty power and authority.
– That the word of the Lord actually prevailed – conquering over sin, guilt, and shame.
So, look back through Acts 19 and see some of the features of the church in Ephesus and what God did there.
– It was a church open to and receiving the work of the Holy Spirit (Acts 19:1-7)
– It was a church of bold preaching and evangelism (Acts 19:8)
– It was a church that endured opposition (Acts 19:9, 23-41)
– It was a church serious about studying God’s word (Acts 19:9-10)
– It was a church that saw God do unusual things (Acts 19:11-12)
– It was a church where sin was confessed and holiness was valued (Acts 19:17-2)
It’s a good prayer to pray – “Lord, I want to see Your word grow mightily and prevail.” Just remember God wants to build all those other things so that His word can do that mighty, prevailing work.
Blessings to you in Jesus’ Name – David Guzik
Click Here to Receive Email from David for Pastors, Preachers, and Bible Teachers
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!